Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My trip to Lille

Daddy, mummy, Timmy and I had a really nice holiday in Lille last week.


Instead of flying there in an aeroplane, we took a special train called the Eurostar. I was really thrilled when mummy told me that the train goes through a tunnel under the water in the sea! When we were in the tunnel, I looked out the window and said "Where's the water, mummy? I don't see any.."


The hotel was nice too. Mummy spent some time taking photos out the window, but I thought it was a lot more fun to fiddle with the TV and dishwasher.


We visited the small zoo they had, where I fell down on my butt in some damp muddy ground. I don't know why mummy was so bothered by the brown patches on my white pants... She also got daddy to stand next to a very fierce pelican who pecked him a couple of times (she pretended she wanted to take a photo of him)


I spent some time relaxing near the fountain while we were waiting for a museum to open...


... but after just a couple of minutes, daddy dragged me over to get me to practice my photo-taking skills. Ha, I got back at him by almost cutting his head off in the picture.


A kind man nearby must have felt sorry for me, sitting on the pavement with the camera. He came over and took a photo for all of us.


I also got to practice making funny faces at the camera. It's much more interesting than the boring old smiles that mummy keeps on trying to make me do.


The week was a lot of fun, but I was glad to go home at the end of it all. I was tired of walking so much every day. And I missed the rest of my toys and books.

1 Comments:

At 30 August, 2006 22:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute! matty certainly looks like he's having fun! no good pics of timmy tho? the two pics with him in it always had him in some contorted position! heh heh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home