Sunday, August 13, 2006

It's a miracle!!

Yes, the broadband at home has suddenly decided to work!! Hurrah!! This is no thanks to Orange/Wanadoo (our ISP) who once again has proven just how crappy service can be in the UK. After being promised and assured twice that a new modem would arrive on Friday, the day came and went with no deliveries. And when I called them to politely enquire, I was told that somehow they hadn't processed the order properly and I would have to wait for another 7 working days while they put in a new order [ok, I must confess that at this point, I just lost it and gave the guy quite an earful..]

Anyhow, just when I'd resigned myself to not having access to the outside world for another couple of weeks, and given up even trying to get online, we had some visitors come to stay. One was trying to decide whether to upgrade his computer/ISP and while idly trying to show him how ours doesn't work, it suddenly worked!! I have no idea why/how since we haven't changed a thing since it stopped working a fortnight ago...

We shall just call it a miracle. God really does work in small "unimportant" things too =)  Not quite making the lame walk or the blind see, but definitely making a difference to this little life of mine..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home